Financial Times has named ICA Gruppen the most climate-friendly retailer in Europe

ICA Gruppen, the parent company of the retailer Rimi, has been recognized as the most climate-friendly retail company in Europe in the ranking of climate leaders by the international newspaper Financial Times. In total, the Financial Times’ climate leader list includes 300 companies of various industries that have achieved the highest results in reducing emissions.

Assortment & Buying department re-certified for ISO 9001 & ISO 14001

In March, our external auditing partner Bureau Veritas performed a “Recertification audit” for two international standards: ISO 9001 (Quality Management System) and ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System). During the audit, which happens every three years, auditors check that we continue to fulfil the challenging requirements of both standards. 

Rimi is recognized as the sustainability leader in Latvia in the international brand sustainability index

In Europe’s largest independent brand study on sustainability – Sustainable Brand Index™ – Rimi has won 1st place in Latvia, becoming the winner of both this year’s food retail industry and the overall ranking, and improving our 2020 performance by one position. In the brand sustainability index, Rimi ranked fourth in Estonia and twelfth in Lithuania, significantly improving our position compared to the 2020.

Rimi Baltic has won in two categories at the European Private Label Awards

Two of Rimi private label products have been recognised as the best products of 2021 and won at the European Private Label Awards. Selection by Rimi Carrot Pesto won the title of the best product in the European Private Label Awards Ambient Grocery (packaged food that can be stored at room temperature) category, gluten-free Rimi Pumpkin Seed Flour won in the Free-From Foods (gluten-free, lactose-free, nut-free and egg-free products) category.

Rimi stops buying fish from the Red List

In support of sustainable choices in the purchase of fish and seafood, already from June 1, 2020 Rimi has stopped buying fish from the Red List of the “Fish Guide” developed by the World Wide Fund for Nature in all Baltic countries. Rimi is the first retailer in the Baltics to stop selling red-listed fish, thus … Continued

Rimi has reduced CO2 emissions in the Baltics by 81%

Compared to 2006, Rimi has achieved a climate neutrality of 81%  making the company more sustainable. The remaining 19% is reimbursed through climate agencies. “The greatest potential for achieving Rimi’s climate neutrality is created using renewable energy,” emphasizes Zanda Šadre, Corporate Brand & Communications Director in Rimi Baltic. She points out that LED lighting and … Continued

Rimi Estonia was chosen as an environmental act of 2020

The Estonian Chamber of Environmental Associations (EKO) chose the decision of the Rimi store chain to stop selling all endangered fish species and products made from them as an environmental act for 2020. In the spring of 2020, the Rimi store chain decided to make the selection of fish offered in stores in line with … Continued

Rimi Baltic has opened new logistics centre in Riga

Today, on 27 October, Rimi Baltic has opened the new logistics centre in Riga, A.Deglava Street 161. It is not only one of the largest investment projects of the branch in the Baltic States, but also the largest and most modern logistics centre in the Baltics.